OZONE - CATALYST V4
Ozone Catalyst V4 The Catalyst is the kite for anyone getting into the sport or riders looking for a fun, confidence inspiring kite with ease of use and accessibility at its...
5% off your first order with code - 5%OFF
Ozone Catalyst V4The Catalyst is the kite for anyone getting into the sport or riders looking for a fun, confidence inspiring kite with ease of use and accessibility at its heart.
Fun, easy and intuitive
- Simple and fast re-launch
- Large wind range
- The kite of choice for entry level to intermediate riders
The Catalyst V4 is ultra stable and intuitive to launch, land and fly.
Open Arc Design
The lightweight one strut design combined with an open arc shape delivers smooth power with amazing light wind capabilities getting you up riding easily.
Wide wind range and progressive de-power
The wide wind range and progressive de-power makes riding in variable or gusty conditions comfortable, while great upwind performance gives you more time to spend improving your skills!
After the basics have been mastered and you’re looking to expand your game, you’ll be surprised at the jumping capabilities of the Catalyst. Smooth lift with precise feedback makes learning your first jumps easy.
Re-launch is simple
By turning the bar or using the re-launch balls on the leader lines the kite rolls over into the re-launch position.
New retracting rear bridle line system
A new retracting rear bridle line system reduces the chance of line tangles while adding rear line tension when riding sheeted out increasing reactivity to bar inputs.
Proven rip-stop material combination
The Catalyst features our proven rip-stop material combination. The rip-stop canopy material has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Strut it improves strength, durability and longevity.
Fast Flow One-Pump
The Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Strut and Leading Edge, with a clip to seal the hose to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed With OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- 4-Line Pulley-less System - NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Internal reinforcements - What’s on the inside counts too – All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Overlap flat seams - Overlap flat seam construction improves sail control resulting in an overall cleaner canopy.
- Load Distribution Panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Direct Connect Struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge -Double layer Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Anti-Snag line deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
- 4-line Pulley-less System - NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System - The Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve - A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack your kite with ease.
- Fool proof line connectors - Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
|Bar Size (cm)
|Number of cells
|Projected Area (m2)
|Root Chord (mm)
Wind RangeBased on 80kg average rider
Kite Only - Kite, Bag, Repair pack
4m, 6m, 8m, 10m, 12m, 14m, 16m
RED, BLUE, GREEN